When Mr. BUB and I were dating, people always asked...
"When are y'all getting married?!"
After the wedding, the new question was...
"When are you having a baby?!"
Now that I'm pregnant, the questions have gotten out of hand.
So, for my sanity, and your safety, I've made the following guidelines...
Things You Should Never Ever Say to a Pregnant Woman, Unless You're Feeling Super Brave.
Yeah, yeah, the title is a little long. Say something about it. I dare you.
- How much weight have you gained? Would you ask me this if I weren't pregnant? No, because that would be rude. So why would you try now, when I have all these hormones running through my body and a stapler in my hand?
- Can I touch your belly? Can I touch yours? Seriously? It's not public property. Although, I do want to say that I don't have a problem with friends and family touching my belly. This applies mainly to strangers.
- My goodness- you're really swollen! My goodness- your right eye is about to be really swollen.
- When my cousin's brother's wife was pregnant (insert TMI story here)... Do you really think hearing your horror story helps my blood pressure? Why don't we take it now and you'll know for sure?
- Are you sure you're xx weeks? You're awfully large! (Submitted by Sarah) You know what? You're right. Maybe you should be my doctor, instead of the highly qualified person who's delivered hundreds of babies.
- Do you have something to add to the list?
- Comment below. It may make a future post!